2010/05/01

20100404

I use a notebook when I talk with my host mom. I hardly understand any word she says, and hardly pronounce any word I want to use. Needless to say, but unfortunately, she doesn’t speak English. It inevitably leads to talking on a notebook. Moreover, we don’t actually make sentences; communication with just a few words that we find on my electronic dictionary.

With this “notebook conversation,” I heard about a Sunday Market at the breakfast table, and went to see it. There were about 60 booths, which were selling vegetables, cheeses, breads, dried sausages, fish, flowers, clothes, bags, watches, furniture, etc.

What seemed French was that some people had baguettes in their hands or bags. And, there were several shops that demonstrated functional peelers, which is common scene on TV in Japan. I bought a croissant at a baker’s booth. The bakery’s madam is so talkative; she always keep talking or singing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment