2010/04/21

20100403

I left Brussels for the city where I learn French. I and two other Vulcanus Program participants took the same trains.


We missed trains that we would take. On changing trains in Paris, we needed to move from one station to another by taxi. But the line for taxis was so long that we had to wait 30 minutes. As the result, we failed to take the trains.


The biggest problem is that we had to change appointments with host families, who are not supposed to speak English. First, we asked a staff of our program for help, but she answered she could not help us. Now that we had to change the appointment by ourselves, one of us composed sentences for telephone conversation. We called each one’s host family and managed to tell the time of our arrival. At the end of the long journey, we could meet our host families at the station.


On the way, another program participant told me what she did. She seemed to be managing so grand a research project that I could not help feeling upset; you feel so when you know your contemporaries are doing much better than you, don’t you? Anyway, I don’t want to become “her,” so comparing our lives is useless. This is the way I tried to cease my upset temper :)


So, this was the beginning of my life in France.


No comments:

Post a Comment