2010/05/01

2010409

In a lecture today, finally, our teacher taught us grammar. That’s what I want!

Nowadays I appreciate my English proficiency, for two reasons. First, learning French is made easier. It may be easily understood that some English vocabulary can be transferred to French with slight modification. Furthermore, many sentences or phrases are easily understood by replacing each word with an English word.

Second, I rediscover that English is very useful as a means of international communication. Since the arrival at this small town, English haven’t seemed useful; just few people speak English here. Another student at my host family speaks both French and English, and sometimes functions as an interpreter between me and my host mom. If I don’t speak English, however, I cannot benefit from her translation. So that’s why I appreciate my knowledge of English.

I started to use my mobile phone. Because the display of the mobile was in French and also because it was not charged with money, I have not used it. I asked a clerk at a mobile shop to change the language and charge 15 Euros.

After that, I went to a big supermarket to buy materials for sushi. I bought rice, smoked salmon, avocados, soy sauce, and a can of crab fresh. I enjoyed walking around in the supermarket so much. It stimulated me and made me eager to prepare meals with materials that are available there.

No comments:

Post a Comment