2010/05/14

letter to a temporary teacher

2010.05.14 Fri.

For the past two weeks, a temporary teacher has taught us French, because our regular teacher was on a vacation. It was the last day for her to teach us today, so I wrote a message (in French!) on a postcard and gave it to her.

I wrote something like this (I translate from French to English):
Thank you for the two weeks. I would like to tell you your virtue and a defect of yours.
First, your virtue. You accept feedbacks form students sincerely, and change the class plan flexibly. In the feedback session, just once you began making an excuse, but in a moment you quit doing that and admitted the criticism. That is for which I respect you!
A defect is that you say what you want to say, rather than what students want to know.For example, you often make a hasty judge when a student asks a question, and you answer something different from what the student wants to ask.
I believe that you have honesty and a sincere attitude, and that you will be a better teacher if you pay attention to students' reaction.

When I gave it to her, she read it on the occasion and said "C'est gentil, merci." I was glad to hear that.




No comments:

Post a Comment