2010/05/31

20100505

2010.05.05 Wed

I and Yuto repaired the congested sink in the kitchen of the school, through which I found Yuto is a man of action.

The sink has tended to be congested recently, and it got completely congested today. Since we had no class this afternoon, we tried to repair the congestion. It seemed to me that we needed a tool, which you see in the picture above, to clear the congestion, so I said that. And then, Yuto proposed to go to buy the tool, which I thought represents his energy for action.


Another demonstration of his great activity was seen when we looked for a sports shop. I thought it was hard to find one just by walking around, so I said that we needed to ask someone. However, I was too timid to talk to locals and hesitated to ask for some time. Then, Yuto proposed to ask a shop clerk, and soon he did it.


At the table of diner, the Madame of my host family argued that we should have had talked with her much more. It happened suddenly. Just after we began eating, she started speak in an upset manner. I could not understand at first because of my poor French proficiency, but gradually I understood what she said. She argued that she had been alone before or after diners in the past one month because we, I and a girl staying in the same home, were with her just for the diner time.


I believe she expected us to be with her for longer hours from her experience as a host family. Compared with her expectation, we spend LESS time with her, so she had a fuman. On the other hand, not only for her satisfaction, there is a benefit for us to spend more time with her; we would speak more of French and improve it. From both of the perspectives, I will stay with her for longer hours from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment